BMW R1200GSA Pannier Fitted Toolbox
My toolbox incorporates the following features which represent an improvement over the one I purchased:
- Substantially made from quality stainless steel.
- Recently also available in Aluminium for a lighter end product
- Good, high cost hinges.
- High quality stainless steel fasteners to retain the hinges.
- Very high quality lock.
- THREE locating points compared to only two locating points on the one I purchased - this holds the box much better.
- Side entry which I thought was a definite advantage.
- The side entry also enhances security as once the pannier is fitted and locked the box cannot be opened by forcing the lid
I had tried to make it fully waterproof but no matter what I tried it was impossible to achieve, to get round this I have fitted 2 drain holes to allow water which may get in to drain out. I personally always stick my gear in plastic bags when I use the toolbox anyway and I would suggest this to all users.
It comes with full instructions and fittings.
A thing of beauty
I recently (Aug 2020) purchased and fitted a Cymarc toolbox to my 2008 BMW R1200 GSA. After buying it online, the toolbox arrived here in Australia within a few weeks, it was very securely packaged and looked pretty good just sitting in my garage waiting to be fitted. All up, the fitting took around 25 minutes and was very easy....I simply followed the instructions and it was a breeze. I’m very happy with the quality and craftsmanship of the toolbox, so much so I’ve now just ordered another few bits for my GSA from Cymarc. All in all, a quality part, exquisite welding and top notch instructions on how to fit it to your bike....doesn’t get any better.
Duncan Kee | Perth, Western Australia | September 2020